The world famous Popoyo Surf Lodge is nestled into the valleys of Nicaragua’s southern Pacific coast in Playa Guasacate. PSL rests on on a 14 acre spread of tropical gardens, amidst a surfer’s paradise, intimate and personal, with access to a seemingly endless supply of world class surf breaks. These breaks receive year round swell from the southern hemi’s and the waves are groomed to perfection by the consistent, prevailing offshore winds.
We are the premiere surf destination in the country and have been hosting surfers in Nicaragua since 1999. Our mission is to provide you with a surfing experience unique to any other. We have an unparalleled knowledge of the waves, the breaks and the the local community. Come in and check out why Popoyo Surf Lodge continues to be the best choice for surfing in Nicaragua, consistently, year after year.
PSL is now open year round!
While our famous, world class surf packages will continue to be the heart and soul of PSL, we are excited to offer surf lessons and adventure day trips for beginning surfers, families, and guests wanting to experience more of Nicaragua.
What makes a visit to Popoyo Surf Lodge unique:
- Unlimited surf sessions from sun up until sun down via 4×4 truck on non-boat days.
- Three full day boat trips per week in one of our two, fully out-fitted surf pangas each with 140hp Suzuki 4 stroke motor, shade roof, and fishing equipment. Our two boats ensure that you will never miss the best day of swell at P.S.L.
- Daily access to over 16 world class surf breaks via boat or 4×4 truck. Avoid the crowds and get off the beaten path at P.S.L.
- Bilingual, local surf guide who will surf with you all day to ensure you are on the best waves in the area with no guess work.
- Three healthy meals per day prepared fresh in the P.S.L. kitchen, unlimited purified water, and 2 sodas per day. Vegetarian and gluten free options available.
- Famous P.S.L. buffet nights: Tuesday night Caballo Ballo buffet and Wednesday night All-you-can-eat Lobster buffet ($10 charge for lobster night)
- Deluxe Casitas with 3 or 4 full sized beds, AC, private bath with hot water and separate living area, private porch & Cable TV
- 8,500 Kilowatt Generator to ensure power throughout the facility at all times.
- Cruise in comfort in one of our three 2013/2014 Toyota Hi-Lux 4×4 Trucks or Land Cruiser Safari. PSL is proud to offer the most reliable and newest fleet of vehicles in the area.
- Free Wireless High speed Internet.
- Swimming pool, hammock area and gardens throughout the camp.
- A/C game room with ping pong table, dart board, pool table, and couches for lounging and hanging out.
- At PSL guests will enjoy typical amenities of a states side resort while still experiencing Nicaragua authentically.