Popoyo Surf Lodge has been hosting hard core surf trips since 1999. However, the interest in learning to surf and in Nicaragua as a tourist destination have grown substantially in the last decade. At Popoyo Surf Lodge the tools, knowledge, and quality of waves are in place to offer surf lessons catering to beginning surfers and families of all ages.
Our surf lessons packages are hosted by one of our PSL surf guides/instructors who will instruct guests to learn to surf and guide them during surf sessions. There are beginner friendly waves in the area and guests start off at easy surf breaks suitable for learning. Lessons start on the beach and clients are taught the proper positioning on the surf board, how to paddle, and use correct balance. As guest’s skills improve through out the week, clients progress to more challenging waves if desired. Understanding the ocean, the waves and currents are also an intricate part of surfing and our instructors spend time with clients to make sure they understand all aspects of learning to surf. All surf lessons are done in a very small group setting of no more than three to four surfers with an instructor. We do lessons all day based around the tides and swell conditions and clients general well being.
Popoyo Surf Lodge is the most experienced and well known surf camp in Nicaragua. Why not learn to surf with the BEST and start your surfing skills of right!
1 surfer: $1295 for 7 nights in a PRIVATE Cabina accomadation.
2 surfers: $1295 per surfer in a PRIVATE DELUXE CASITA
3-4 surfers: $1195 per surfer in a PRIVATE DELUCE CASITA
Included in 7 night SURF LESSON package:
- Airport transfers
- Unlimited lessons all day via 4×4 truck to surf breaks
- Surf Board
- A minimum of two full day guided boat trips in our 26’ or 25’ custom pangas with 140 hp Suzuki 4 stroke motors, shade covering and fishing in between surf breaks.
- Max of 16 clients at the camp. Which means with four surf guides and instructors, two boats, and five 4×4 trucks, guests are in small groups with their surf guide. We do not crowd 7 or 8 surfers in one vehicle, one boat, and do NOT surf the same surf breaks as other guests at the camp.
- 3 healthy meals per day prepared fresh in the PSL kitchen. We do offer vegetarian and gluten free options upon request.
- Unlimited purified water
- 2 sodas per day
- Deluxe casita (with AC, private bath, and separate living room /bed room with full sized beds) or private cabina (for solo surfers: queen bed, AC, and private bath)
- Free Wi-Fi in the rancho/restaurant
- The best and most experienced surf guides and instruction in our zone.
- Popoyo Surf Lodge is the only facility in the area with generator that powers the whole camp, so you will never loose wifi or have sleepless nights with out AC or power.
Please note: Guest’s safety is our first priority at Popoyo Surf Lodge. We recommend that all clients and guests who are interested in learning to surf are strong swimmers and are comfortable in the ocean. We recommend bringing a rash guard for sun protection and to prevent board rash.