BEFORE YOU GO
- You will need to present a completed Covid Vaccine card OR negative PCR Covid 19 test taken within 72 hours of entry into Nicaragua, whether you enter Nica via the airport in Managua or the border of Nica/CR.
- You will be giving a tourist visa at entry into Nicaragua via the airport or border. Cost is $10 and only payable in cash. Tourist visa is good for 90 days. We recommend having exact change ($10 bill, etc)
- The Nicaraguan currency is the Cordoba but it is not necessary to change dollars into Cords. Dollars are GREAT in Nica, but please only bring bills that are not marked, ripped, or otherwise damaged. Some small bills are recommended as well.
- Spearguns and drones are not permitted in Nicaragua and will be confiscated at customs on entry.
- We recommend bringing a spring suit or long sleeve top December through April when off shore winds are most prevalent.
- If you are traveling from North America, electric outlets at PSL are standard power outlets. You will not need an adaptor.
- Gratuity Policy: As in all service industries, tips are appreciated for our wonderful staff at PSL.
- We do rent surf boards at PSL for $10-$15 a day.
- If you don’t want to travel back to the US with your surf board we would love to buy it for a reasonable price.
- Please ensure that you have travel insurance that covers medical care and emergency medical evacution. Popoyo Surf Lodge is not responsible for any costs involving a medical emergency, therefore, we recommend that you have travel insurance that covers you while you are in Nicaragua. Your safety is important to us. We recommend World Nomads as their policies cover sports like surfing.
WHAT TO BRING
- Rash guard or spring suit/wet suit top (December through April)
- Beach towel
- Medications you use
- Bug spray
- Reusable sports bottle for water (we provide unlimited purified water)
- Flip flops
- Small first Aid kit incase you get a scrape
- Extra leash
- Extra fins
- Tons of good vibes
**Remember our location is remote and many items/supplies can be hard to get. Come prepared!
Come surf with the most trusted crew in Nicaragua!
PSL has everything ready for you to have the surfing trip of a lifetime. Get your friends together and let’s surf!